How to Make Your Energy Bill Go Down…
Have you Heard???
Ways to help save energy! The cost of air conditioning a home continues to hit the homeowner harder each year. But sometimes, you can end up spending even more than necessary by overlooking energy wasters in your home that, in many cases, are easy to remedy.
A home energy audit can help by pinpointing these areas and identifying ways to cut energy costs. In fact, you can conduct a simple audit on your own by following a few recommendations from the Department of Energy.
Top 10 Ways To take Stock of Your Home Energy Use:
- Check insulation levels in your attic, exterior and basement walls, ceilings, floors and crawl spaces.
- Check for holes or cracks around your walls, ceilings, windows, doors, light and plumbing fixtures, switches and electrical outlets
- Check for open fireplace dampers.
- Check caulking and weather stripping, and repair if necessary.
- Schedule an annual tune-up for your heat pump or air conditioner
- Seal and insulate leaky ducts to ensure that the airflow distribution system serving your cooling equipment is operating at peak efficiency.
- Clean air registers and vents as needed; make sure they’re not blocked by furniture, carpeting or drapes.
- Seal holes around plumbing and pipes. As higher temperatures start to set in, make an effort to set your thermostat as high as is comfortable.
- Or consider having us install a programmable thermostat that will automatically lower temperatures at night or during the day when the home is unoccupied.
- When you call us for a tune-up, ask for an estimate of how much you can save with a new energy efficient system.
Schedule an appointment or call us at (6100 376-6001 )to learn more about how Quinn’s can help you save energy & money!